Completion of 28 units including the following:
- SGS introductory course: GLOBAL 101: Critical Issues in Global Affairs (3 units)
- Fifteen units must be from the list of core courses. The remaining 10 units can be chosen from the list of approved elective courses. (See forms page)
- Completion of one area-specific entry course that deals with Iran and the Middle East.
- Successful completion of two quarters of Persian language, or proven proficiency in the language.
- A capstone research project for up to 5 units. The project offers students enrolled in the specialization the option to conduct a major independent research paper related to Iran under faculty guidance.
- Students will share their capstone project with other SGS minors in an end-of-year Capstone Seminar led by SGS faculty.
- Students may not double-count courses for completing major and minor requirements.
- At least 10 of the 28 units must be completed on Stanford’s campus; the remaining units could be completed in an approved study abroad program.