Completion of 28 units including the following:
- SGS introductory course: GLOBAL 101: Critical Issues in Global Affairs (3 units)
- Fifteen units must be from the list of core courses. The remaining 10 units can be chosen from the list of approved elective courses. (See forms page)
- Completion of one area-specific entry course that deals with Iran and the Middle East.
- Successful completion of two quarters of Persian language, or proven proficiency in the language.
- A capstone research project for up to 5 units. The project offers students enrolled in the specialization the option to conduct a major independent research paper related to Iran under faculty guidance.
Students may not double-count courses for multiple majors/minors.
*The Global Studies/Iranian Studies minor is only available for current Stanford undergraduate students.