Funding is available for Stanford University undergraduate and graduate students interested in studying Iran. Applications may focus on any aspect of Iranian history, culture, politics, and language and are due in the quarter before the anticipated research/study/travel. Priority will be given to those minoring in Global Studies/Iranian Studies.
The following types of projects are supported:
- Intensive language study: The proposed course of language study must be integral to the applicant’s academic or professional development.
- Fieldwork or advanced research projects: Travel destinations are limited by Stanford policy for student safety*
Public service or internships in the U.S. and abroad: Funds may be used to fully or partially defray the costs of a relevant internship opportunity in a local, national, or international organization.*
*See important information about limitations on the "Applications Procedure & Forms" page below
Summer 2019 applications due by May 24, 2019
2019-2020 application deadlines:
- Applications for fall 2019 are due August 2, 2019
- Applications for winter 2020, are due November 22, 2019.
- Applications for spring 2020, are due February 28, 2020
- Applications for summer 2020 are due March 13, 2020